Welcome to the picturesque town of Velddrif, South Africa. This tranquil fisherman’s village is the ideal destination for getting away from the hustle and bustle. Granny Mac's Self-Catering Guest House is situated in Velddrif and will provide you with a relaxing, homey, close to nature, stay. Only 150 km north of Cape Town on the South-African West Coast, it is the ideal destination for overnight visitors, or stay longer and enjoy our West Coast Hospitality.
Granny Mac’s Self-Catering Guest House is situated in a unique setting that makes guests’ feel welcome and at home, from their arrival. The Guest House is situated on a large plot with a garden to be enjoyed and relax in. The braai area lends itself to families enjoying quality time together. The West Coast is the jewel of South-Africa which is still largely unspoiled. For an unforgettable stay, there’s no other place than Granny Mac...
We are walking distance from Bokkom Avenue (Bergriver) - we call it the “river walk”.
We are 5 minutes from the sea which is still mostly undisturbed, and where you can walk for miles along the beach.
If you like nature, birds and a quiet surrounding this is the place to stay.
This is the ideal break-away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Ideal for overnight stay, or stay longer and enjoy all the surrounding towns and come home to a relaxing stay.
Bird watchers can enjoy the wide variety of bird life along the river, while taking a stroll through South Africa’s bokkom industry. Enjoy a boat trip on the Berg River and a meal/drink at the Vishuis watching over the Berg River, or come and do whale watching in season.
Come in August-September and enjoy the beautiful flowers (we are situated on the flower route). You can also sleep late and read the whole day if you want to!
• All units are private with its’ own entrance and separate from the main building;
• Secure parking inside premises;
• We are situated on a large plot with a big garden so one can enjoy the quietness and songs of the birds - relax and enjoy a cup of early morning coffee;
• All units have a relax and homey feel;
• Grace and Peace are both unique, consisting of a small living room with a kitchenette, bedroom and a unique bathroom with a hand-made bath.
• Joy is a loft unit with an open plan bedroom, en-suite bathroom with a unique shower and beautiful decor. Ideal for sleeping over for a wedding, reunion or family gathering. As it has a wooden floor, we only book it together with Grace and Peace for group bookings.
• Harmony is our family unit – it is private with its’ own entrance and separate from the main house and other units. The unit has a homey and cozy feel. Harmony consists of a small living room with a kitchen, one bedroom with a double bed, a second bedroom with three single beds, and a bathroom with a shower. Harmony has its own private braai area. Harmony can accommodate five people. Harmony is an excellent place for a weekend away with your family or stay longer to explore the west coast.
• We have a large braai area that guests can enjoy;
• Our place is also ideal for reunions, family gatherings and stay-over for conferences held in town (can accommodate up to 12 people - 5 couples or 8 single people);
• Washing lines available for towels (Laundry facilities in town);